Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Let Us Pray!

In my last post I talked about how we have to be careful what we ask for because sometimes God gives it to us and the outcome may not be exactly what we expected. I didn't vote for Obama for my own personal reasons. That doesn't mean that I 100% agreed with McCain either but I had to follow my own personal convictions. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed when Obama won and a slight tinge of fear went through my system wondering what all this would mean.

My prayer for this entire election was that the Lord would guide the voters and that the person who would be elected would be the man God wanted to be there. I didn't pray for a specific candidate to be elected, I simply prayed for God's will to be done. I believe that His will was done. I believe that He is in control of everything. That no matter what the next 4 or 50 years my bring God is still on His throne!

I may not agree with Obama's views. I may not like legislation that comes down the line. But I will pray. I will pray for God's hand to be upon our nation. I will pray for Obama that he will make wise decisions for our country. I will pray that our congress will make wise decisions as well. I will trust that God is faithful and that in good times and in bad ultimately He is the one calling the shots!

1 comment:

DDeden said...

amen!