Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Catch Up!!!

Okay so ALOT has happened since the last time I posted on here. So just as a fair warning this will be a LONG post!!

So Thanksgiving was great! I had the whole week to hang out with family. Mom had to work on Thursday so we had our Thanksgiving Friday afternoon and it was so yummy!

Though Thursday night we had an unconventional Thanksgiving dinner of homemade sushi! It was so much fun to make and it turned out really well. They were quite pretty for my first sushi attempt I must say!

















I also became a "Handy Woman" over the Thanksgiving break and I fixed my own car! Well it wasn't very difficult I had to change the stop light switch under the dash so that my brake lights would work. It required no tools but I still fixed it all by myself!





And of course I can't take a trip home without a little geocaching! We found a little park in the middle of Tulsa that had a bunch of ducks. Janae wasn't quite sure what to think of the ducks when they came up on the shore next to us.

Though I suppose the biggest news of all sort of started the about a week before Thanksgiving! I have been on and off of eharmony several times over the last few years. I have met several guys and have had a great time. So when I met Jody on the 22 I didn't really think much of it. I knew we would have a great time but really didn't say anything to anyone because I have a bad habit of getting too worked up about first dates. Well what I didn't know was how quickly I would fall for him! I saw him Saturday and Sunday and then took off for Tulsa for a week. Once I got back from Thanksgiving we have been inseparable. He is such an amazing man and honestly I had begun to think that men like him didn't exist anymore!

When I got back Jody and I went to Terra studios. It is an amazing place of all kids of art! They have sculptures everywhere and you can watch them blow glass there too. It was pretty amazing and this huge dragon was my favorite!
Jody even got brave enough to meet my family! Not just meet my family but spend the whole weekend with them!! On the 12th we went to the Christmas Train at Dry Gulch. It is about 15 miles from my parents house and we had never been. It was pretty cool. It is actually a church camp during the summer but the whole place has an old west theme and you ride on an actual train and hear the gospel story. There was also some shopping, food, and even Santa. Though my favorite part was riding on the stage coach!
He was also introduce to the ENTIRE family (besides my brother and his family out in Georgia) the next day at my nieces birthday party. Though he pretty much had a shew in because he decorated the amazing princess cake for my niece. Kallie loved the cake as well as everyone else. I think Jody had fun, my family didn't scare him off :)

Other than that exciting news school has been insane!! A week after Thanksgiving I had my Third grade musical. They did such an awesome job! Humbug! has to be one of the cutest programs I have done in a long time! The day of the program I was told that I would have to have my entire classroom packed the next day! So I spent all of Friday packing up my entire classroom. That next Monday we had a snow day and all my stuff got moved to a hallway without my knowledge. Needless to say that made for an very interesting last week of school. I pretty much became an extra PE teacher all week! So when we get back in January we will all be moved into the new addition to the school so that they can gut and totally remodel the old section of the school. Unfortunately there weren't enough classrooms in the new addition so I am going to be classroomless for at least 3 weeks! The Art teacher is nice enough to allow me to store bare necessities in her room until I get a place. But even then I won't have my actual classroom until August! All I have to say is I never want to have to move my classroom 4 times in one year ever again!!

So that has been my life the last month! Full of excitement for sure and I am pretty sure there will be much more excitement to come!!! I promise I will try to keep this more updated!

2 comments:

gail said...

So how are you going to teach during the first 3 weeks of school...will you have to do PE again or Art? ;-)

Kelly said...

No I get to be the traveling teacher and go from classroom to classroom for three weeks. I am not looking forward to it at all!