Thursday, February 12, 2009

Truly Inspired!

So our elementary school is having a chili and art auction next weekend. For the art auction the art teacher worked with the students to create some very amazing projects. Yesterday, while I was getting my stuff together to go home, I saw the art teacher frantically trying to put together one of the projects. I had seen one of the 5th grade classes working on it but didn't know what it was. So I sat down and helped her figure it out like a giant puzzle. When we finished this is what came out.



I was totally blown away at how amazing this turned out! It was created by cutting up a larger poster, then the kids were given a square from the poster and a square of paper the same size. Then they simply used a grid technique and free handed the square of color from the poster onto their paper. They had no idea what the poster looked like to start with because the art teacher had already cut it up and passed it out to them.

All of the classes art work turned out wonderfully! I am so excited about going to the art auction and even bidding. I probably won't get this one because the parents will most likely out bid me, however I think I might get this photo blown up and just frame that!

No comments: